State of the blogosphere august 2006: facts en figures
Voor de liefhebber van getallen een overzicht, samengesteld door David Sifry van Technorati:
* Technorati is now tracking over 50 Million Blogs.
* The Blogosphere is over 100 times bigger than it was just 3 years ago.
* Today, the blogosphere is doubling in size every 200 days, or about once every 6 and a half months.
* From January 2004 until July 2006, the number of blogs that Technorati tracks has continued to double every 5-7 months.
* About 175,000 new weblogs were created each day, which means that on average, there are more than 2 blogs created each second of each day.
* About 8% of new blogs get past Technorati’s filters, even if it is only for a few hours or days.
* About 70% of the pings Technorati receives are from known spam sources, but we drop them before we have to send out a spider to go and index the splog.
* Total posting volume of the blogosphere continues to rise, showing about 1.6 Million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second.
* This is about double the volume of about a year ago.
* The most prevalent times for English-language posting is between the hours of 10AM and 2PM Pacific time, with an additional spike at around 5PM Pacific time